Thursday, September 4, 2008

Fried Tofu with Malunggay Leaves




Just last tuesday, I felt like being adventurous and so I tried to experiment a new dish... Tada! "Fried tofu with malunggay leaves"

Ingredients:
  • 1 bundle of malunggay (Moringa oleifera) leaves (~3 cups)
  • 2 small cubes of tofu, cut into fours (tokwa)
  • a thumb-sized ginger, diced
  • 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 2-3 cups water
  • salt and pepper to taste


  • Procedure:
    1. Fry the tofu then set aside.
    2. Saute the garlic and onion on a saucepan.
    3. Add the malunggay, water, ginger and fried tofu.
    4. Season to taste then bring to a boil until leaves are cooked.

    The verdict:

    Haha, well, the dish I made was a bit blunt. But I guess you can add mushrooms to give it more flavor. During this times I missed the flavor meat or meat broth gives, but hey! I already made a commitment to be an ovo-lacto vegetarian and I'll definitely take "blunt meals" as a challenge to improve my cooking skills. lol. xD

    No comments: